If you’re building a new bathroom or renovating an old one, knowing the best type of bathroom tiles is very important. Besides bathroom fittings and hardware, bathroom flooring also determines the décor and feel of this vital space. In this editorial, we are going to look at several types of bathroom tiles you would want to consider for your home improvement project.
Best Bathroom Tiles
1. Art3d 10-Sheet Peel and Stick Backsplash
⭐ Best Overall
Art3d 10-Sheet Peel and Stick Backsplash, 12 in. x 12...
- 1.4 TIMES COVERAGE AREA - the size of Art3d peel and stick tile is around 12"x12", which covers 40% more area than a 10"x10" tile covers.
- PREMIUM PEEL AND STICK TILES - The art3d peel and stick tiles are made of eco-friendly material, resistant to heat and moisture, easy wipe to remove the stains. Suitable for smooth and clean surfaces. Stick to wall without extra glue.
- 10-SHEET PACKAGE - come in one box of 10 sheets premium quality 3-D gel-like tiles, total covers around 8.2 square feet area (The total coverage area is NOT 10 square feet because of the overlap area )
2. Diflart Glass Subway Tiles 3×6 Inch White Backsplash for Bathroom Wall
⭐ Best Runner Up
3. 4×4 White Glossy Finish Ceramic Subway Tile Shower Walls
⭐ Best Low Cost
4. Tic Tac Tiles 12″x 12″ Peel and Stick Self Adhesive
Tic Tac Tiles 12"x 12" Peel and Stick Self Adhesive...
- 🖽[ECONOMICAL] Sized 12"x12" with grout; tiles do not yellow nor crack over time.
- ✂️[EASY] Install easily with peel-and-stick. Can be cut and trimmed with scissors or box cutters to fit around switches, sockets, and corners.
- ⏰[DURABLE] Resistant to heat, water, moisture and humidity. Easily cleaned with a little soap and water.
5. SomerTile Attica Beige Ceramic Floor and Wall Tile
SomerTile Attica Beige 16-7/8" x 16-7/8" Ceramic Floor...
- First-quality ceramic tile for floor and wall use
- Glazed textured finish with a low sheen and moderate variation in tone
- P. E. I. Rating V is suitable for both residential and high-traffic commercial use including extra heavy-duty floors
6. Hominter 11-Sheets Glazed Ceramic Pebble Wall Tiles, Bathroom Porcelain Floor Tile
Hominter 11-Sheets Glazed Ceramic Pebble Backsplash...
- First-quality porcelain tile for floor and wall use, almost zero water absorption, is marginally skid resistant.
- It has high resistance to abrasion and is suitable for backsplash, bathroom shower and pool.
- Glazed smooth finish with a high sheen and a random variation in tone, unique fambe flower effect.
7.25 PCS Moroccan Style Tile Sticker
Sale 25 PCS Moroccan Style Tile Sticker, 4x4 Inch(10x10cm)...
- Size: 3.94 x 3.94 inch x 0.4mm x 25pieces
- High Quality: Self Adhesive Vinyl Decals in 10 Designs, Durable removable and waterproof.Keep your stairway,kitchen clean tidy.
- Easy Installsion: Easy to apply and remove ,without damaging the application surface.
Recap: Best Bathroom Tiles
Types of Bathroom Tiles
Though there are several types, choosing the right type of bathroom floor tile can help you add style and punch to your bathroom.
In addition to that, installation should be relatively simple and rewarding. However, when selecting the best type for your bathroom, you need to consider safety issues, aesthetics and cost of maintenance.
For example, the type of tile your settle for should be slip resistant, stain resistant and also completely waterproof. Here are a few bathroom tile types you can choose from.
These types of tiles are best for any bathroom. They are durable, stain proof, and scratch proof as well as completely water proof. Additionally, ceramic tiles don’t require too much maintenance. Actually, regular cleaning can increase the life span of these tiles.
The best thing about this type of bathroom floor tiles is that they come in a wide variety of colors, styles, shapes and sizes. Equally important, they are easy to install and they’re affordable; very ideal for people who are renovating their space on a low budget.
Stone Flooring Tiles
Just like ceramic tiles, stone tiles are durable, require low maintenance and elevate the look of your bathroom. It is important to note that stones like marble and granite don’t qualify for bathroom flooring. Marble for instance, is highly porous and thus prone to stains.
Moreover, such stones tend to be slippery which can jeopardize the safety of this vital space. If you want stone tiles for your bathroom floor, choose matured textured stones such as slate or travertine. These stones will help you create an earthy and natural ambiance.
Vinyl tiles are another delightful type of bathroom floor tile. The tiles are water resistant and thus work very well for the bathroom environment. They are also available in an array of colors, texture, patterns and finishes.
Vinyl floor tiles are soft and thus prone to scratches and tearing, but there are numerous methods of maintaining your vinyl bathroom floor that will help you keep their original shine.
Glass Bathroom Tiles
Glass tiles are very popular for bathroom flooring. This can be attributed to the fact that they are water resistant and stain proof. The tiles are available in a variety of colors and styles that allow you to give your bathroom a beautiful appearance and an airy feeling.
They also make a small bathroom seem bigger but installing the tiles is a bit tricky and you would want to involve a professional. And, with glass tiles you must make sure you get non-slip tiles though…if you’re unsure about this speak to your retailer or tradesman. They do look wonderful if you get them though!
If your budget is too constrained, you might want to consider concrete bathroom flooring. They are very cheap and incredibly durable. In addition to that, concrete tiles are stain resistant, waterproof and slip resistant. Though many people consider the flooring as unattractive, you can easily elevate their look by staining or painting them.
You might be spoilt for options when choosing bathroom flooring tiles from the many options. Nevertheless, make sure that the type you select is durable, attractive and works best for you. I hope that this article helps you in choosing the right bathroom floor tiles to make your bathroom truly stand out from the crowd – Thank you for reading.
Benefits of bathroom wall tiles and floor tiles
Ceramic tiles are easy to clean, dirt resistant and resistant to any kind of contamination. These tiles are cleaned with just a damp cloth. Even when the tile is greasy a detergent or bleaching powder added with water and then wiped removes the grease or dirt from it.
It is also preferably used in swimming pools, hospitals, kitchens etc. These tiles are hygienic and non allergenic. Due to a ceramic coating it resists dampness resulting in preventing germs and fungal colonies. Once in place they have little maintenance other than normal cleaning. They are fire proof and do not support the spread of fire. High-grade ceramic tiles are extremely resistant to scratching.
Grades of bathroom floor tiles
Floor tiles are usually glazed to resist water, dirt and grease. There are five different grades in floor tiles. Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, and Grade 5. Tiles which are used in bathrooms are usually Grade 2 tiles.
Grade 2 tiles are usually single-fired “monocottura” tiles. They are made by the process known as “dust pressing. Grade 3 tiles are used where there is excess traffic like kitchens, businesses like a hairdressers etc. Grade 5 tiles are used in industries where there is more exposure to chemicals and heavy loads.
Tile adds style to any room
The design possibilities of ceramic tile can add flair and style to any room or office. Tiling a Wall, floor or counter top is like covering it with a shell: The result is relatively thin, yet durable enough to withstand water, dirt and traffic. Tiles give a rich look especially after they are installed. Tiles are an advancement in this modern day, at the same time, remains an old art. Using tile in your home can create an artistic form to your home and can convey a sense of ancient tradition.
Ceramic tiles come in two basic types. Glazed and Porcelain. Glazed holds up the best for heavy traffic areas and porcelain works well in bathrooms. Porcelain is typically more expensive, so consider your budget and the size of the area you want to tile. Tiles also come in many shapes and sizes. For flooring, however, we would suggest using larger tiles up to 12” x 12”.
Today’s tile is no longer just the 4 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ solid color bathroom squares which we usually see. Floor tile styling trends continue toward larger unit sizes. The tiles mostly used are especially the 12″ X 12″ and up. The larger sizes 16″ X 16″ and 18″ X 18″ – are becoming more common throughout the country, and in upscale homes even larger sizes like 24″ X 24″ are been used.
Tiles can increase the value of your home – As well as keeping it cool, especially in warm climates. Ceramic tiles, marble tiles, granite tiles, mosaic tiles, floor tiles all add an extra quality to your home. Tiles can be found throughout a home – in the kitchen, bathroom, hallway, entrance and even the lounge. Finding the right tile for a home with the right color, design, and even pattern can seem overwhelming. It comes in many colors and textures as well as designs and patterns.