When it comes to taking that nice warm shower in our homes, there are different experiences on how people would like to go about it. Many people like to go for the rain experience in their showers, and with that, there are some rain shower heads options that one could choose from for their home.
Let us look at two of the most common rain shower heads that you could weigh out in your search for the perfect shower head.
Best Rain shower heads
1. GROHE 26457000 Euphoria 260 Shower Head with 3 Spray Patterns
⭐ Best Overall
- 3 spray functions transform your shower into a luxurious spa
- 10" spray face for maximum coverage
- Speed Clean nozzles allow the user to easy clean away limescale
2. SparkPod Shower Head With High Pressure
⭐ Best Low Cost
- High pressure rainfall shower head: Our luxury bathroom rainhead is the perfect replacement that will jet out high-pressure rain of hot water so your whole body is doused with the downpour. You won’t go back to a normal shower again
- Easy tool-free installation: Our universal shower head quickly connects to any standard shower arm within 5 mins. Extra Bonus: Free Teflon Tape and Additional Water Filter to help with fitting the moment it arrives
- Easy to clean nozzles: Our rustproof ABS plastic luxury Chrome Showerhead comes with 90 Powered Easy to Clean Rubber Jets remove hard water deposits such as limescale to ensure you always feel the full force of this luxurious rain shower head. A low maintenance shower head for years to come
3. Delta Faucet 52158 Single-Setting Metal Raincan Shower Head
⭐ Best Runner Up
- Shower arm and flange sold separately
- Easy to install
- For use with ceiling- or wall-mounted applications
4. PULSE ShowerSpas 1011-III-BN Kauai III Shower System with 8″ Rain Showerhead
⭐ Best Rain Shower Head with Handheld
- Surface mounted and completely pre-plumbed; easily retrofit your existing shower without a remodel
- Connects to water supply at your current showerhead location and uses existing hot/cold shower valve
- 8" rain showerhead; with rub-clean soft tips to easily clear mineral buildup for long lasting performance
5. DELTA Vero 17 Series Dual-Function Shower
⭐ Best Delta Rain Shower Head
- ROUGH INCLUDED: The Delta MultiChoice Universal Shower Valve (included) is compatible with most Delta shower trim kits, so you can switch out your shower fixture anytime without tearing out expensive tile or altering the plumbing behind the wall
- DRENCHING RAINFALL: Immerse yourself in the steady, invigorating rainfall with this overhead rainfall shower head. Experience the benefits of a spa-like overhead shower without the expense of mounting from the ceiling
- PROTECTION FROM SUDDEN TEMPERATURE CHANGES: The Monitor Pressure-Balanced Valve Cartridge (included) ensures a consistent shower temperature by balancing the pressure of both hot and cold water, so no sudden temperature changes from toilet flushing or running appliances
6. Moen S1004 Collection 12-Inch Razor Thin Rainshower Shower Head
⭐ Best Moen Rain Shower Head
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Chrome finish is highly reflective for a mirror-like look that works with any decorating style
- FULL COVERAGE: Large spray head rainshower for exceptional water coverage
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Single handle lever make it easy to adjust the water
7. KOHLER 13695-CP Square Rainhead with Katalyst Air-Induction Spray
⭐ Best Kohler Rain Shower Head
- Low profile design creates a striking contemporary centerpiece in any custom shower installation
- Superior spray performance with Katalyst Spray Technology(TM) delivers a luxurious and drenching 'rain' experience
- Optimized sprayface design creates a denser uniform spray pattern for consistent coverage and feeling of warmth
8. Rozin LED Light 16-inch Rainfall Shower Head
⭐ Best LED Rain Shower Head
- Bathroom Replacement Showerhead,Brass material,black color
- Size:16-inch×16-inch(40cm),Square Shape
- 1/2" standard connection,with rubber gasket and ball joint
9. SR SUN RISE Wall Mounted Rainfall Shower Head System
⭐ Best Black Rain Shower Head
- 10 YEARS WARRANTY: Any product quality problem can be guaranteed free of charge. The shower cartridge is permanently replaced free of charge.
- Includes: L Style Handheld Shower Head, 10 Inch(25cm) 304 Stainless Steel Rain Shower Head and Solid Brass Shower Mixer Valve
- 15.7 Inch (40cm) Metal Shower Arm and 70.8 Inch (1.8m) Shower Hose, Concealed installation Brass Shower Bracket Holder
10. SR SUN RISE 12 Inch Rain Mixer Shower System
⭐ Best Ceiling Mounted Rain Shower Head
- Includes: 12 Inches 304 Stainless Steel Rain Shower Head and 12 Inches (30cm) Metal Ceiling Mount Shower Arm
- Concealed installation Brass Shower Bracket Holder and Solid Brass Shower Mixer Valve(Contain Trim and rough-in valve);Brass L-Style Handheld Shower Head with 1.8m 304 Stainless Steel Shower Hose.
- 10 YEARS WARRANTY: Any product quality problem can be guaranteed free of charge. The shower cartridge is permanently replaced free of charge.
Recap: The Best Rain Shower Heads
What is Rain Showering?
The way we shower is very important. I think most of us enjoy our experience in the shower and might even be looking for something that makes it a little better. If that is the case then you should really look into the rain shower head because this completely changes the way that you shower.
Right now you probably have a shower head that shoots water at your head with pressure. That’s typically the sought-after characteristic that people want, but it isn’t exactly good for the scalp. Your skin isn’t designed to take a blasting of water.
Rain on the other hand is something that is normal. If we were outside then we would be experiencing rain on our heads all the time. What do we know most about rain? When the drops are large you actually get soaked really fast. So if a rain shower head had big drops then it would be pretty good. You wouldn’t have to worry about soap remaining in your head or anything like that. Plus it is much better for the scalp, so you know you’re doing yourself a favor.
The Benefits of Rain Showering
I thought I should talk to you about the benefits of rain showering. If you’re unfamiliar with this, it is when you get a specific type of shower head that creates a raining type of scenario with the water. It is something that is really different and most people don’t have this type of thing set up in their bathroom. There are a lot of benefits to doing it this way and I thought I could share them with you.
Easy on the Scalp
I think the number one benefit you’ll get from this is that you’re not going to be beating up on your scalp. Most people like to have a head that is going to provide a lot of pressure. The problem with this is that it literally blasts at your scalp.
For your normal skin, it isn’t a problem, but the skin under your hair is actually quite sensitive. It doesn’t have a lot of exposure to air and light, so it obviously getting beaten up.
When you have a rain-like shower, it is going to be water coming straight down on your head. It’s not going to be blasted at you, it’s just going to come down as if it rained.
Gets out all the Shampoo
I’m sure you’ve used some of the low water showerheads and seen that they don’t get the job done. You’ll still have shampoo on your scalp, which is damaging to it. A lot of people assume that if they don’t have a high-pressure one then they probably won’t be able to have a proper shower. Even though you’re not going to be blasted with water, you’re still going to get everything out.
I’m sure you’ve been outside in the pouring rain. In a matter of seconds, you’ll be drenched because big drops of water do a good job for that. This is precisely what you’re going to get in the shower.
Uses the Same Amount of Water
A lot of people are surprised by this fact, but when you really think about it you should understand. Normally a showerhead works by throwing water to you at a very fast speed. If you want to think of it another way, it’s essentially it is pulling the water out as fast as it possibly can. Obviously, this increases the amount you use per minute.
When you have a rain shower head, the water is designed to just fall at its own natural rate. There is no pushing or pulling at all.
What is a Shower Pump?
I thought I should talk to you a little about what exactly a shower pump is. I know this is a device that a lot of people need and could be quite useful for you. I suppose to give you a summary, it is a pump that is going to help increase the pressure of your shower water. I’m going to show you exactly where this device comes into play and why you might need it.
If you have lower pressure from your shower today then it could be happening for a number of reasons. You could have a low-flow showerhead, which will obviously slow down the amount of water that is coming out of it. Another reason is that your water well is declining or thirdly your house plumbing isn’t the best.
Obviously, if you have a low-flow showerhead, then all you have to do is get rid of it and you should be fine, but for the other two reasons, you will probably need some sort of pump.
The reason that your water well could have declined is general overuse. Typically it wasn’t you alone that caused it, but all the other homes that tapped into it. When you really get down to it, it’s just too much coming out. Sometimes the water underground can handle a lot of houses and some can only handle a few. This is where a pump comes in handy.
Typically the water in your home is stored for immediate use, rather than on-demand. This means that you’ll have a hot water tank and a cold water tank. Instead of having it go through your regular plumbing, you’re going to hook up each tank to a shower pump, and then the pump will supply the water to your shower.
It has the power to speed up the amount of water that is going to come to you and in turn, creates a lot more pressure.
Obviously, the way it is set up will avoid any sort of plumbing issues since it bypasses it completely. The reason that plumbing could be an issue is that it has to travel too far or there is something that is causing it to lose pressure.
Instead of getting your plumbing pipes all fixed (which could be expensive) you just use the pump and bypass it. Typically you’ll have enough pressure to run the other taps in your home.
Who is a Rain shower head designed for?
• Anybody who wants to enjoy the relaxing feeling of water flow.• Children• Parents• Adults Important features to look for when getting the best rain shower head
1. Size All you would like most is a showerhead that fits perfectly your bathroom shower stall else it would feel weird. Also, you would like it as wide as possible so as to offer ample coverage of water.
2. Quality of spray The best of the models are ones that include a unique technology that lets the showerhead deliver different shower spray kinds. This ranges from realistic drops of rain to air-mixed drops of water. All of these are too appealing it’s upon the buyer to consider the best choice for them.
3. Durability Different brands are out there producing rain shower heads just like any other household. There are the trusted and well-known brands when it comes to manufacturing things of the sort. It’s advisable that for durability and also for keeping the worth of your money, buy from trusted brands with good reviews from users.
4. Type Rain showerheads are either ceiling mounted or wall-mounted. When considering the type to buy you should also keep in mind the size of the shower stall of your bathroom. Also, the device chosen should be checked closely to ensure it fits the shower arm of your shower. But with this, most trusted brands make use of set standard sizes of parts.
5. Style Rain shower heads come in various colors. Some of the available colors include Starlight Chrome and Venetian Bronze. As you choose the best consider one whose color matches the decorating style of your bathroom.
Frequently Asked Questions about Rain Shower Heads.
Should I make use of plumbers’ tape or pipe during installation of rain shower head?
You do not need to use tape when installing pivot ball plastic in nature to shower wall pipe made of metal. This is because adding the tape increases pipe circumference and can make the ball split. But if installing a metal ball, you can add between two to three pipe tape wraps.
What can make water stops flowing from the showerhead?
Incorrect installation of the hose can lead to no water flowing. Also, if there is a washer left in the shower pipe from the shower previously used can lead to no flow of water. What you need to do is remove it then using a pencil check for anything left inside the washer and take it off.
Are there extension clips for any model?
Many of the models are compatible with most extension clips. What you need to check is the model number written below the barcode.
Can I get the replacement of the hose or bucket?
Yes. The replacement parts can be easily found anywhere even in online stores. Rainshower heads just like any other household need careful consideration before purchase. There are many models available in the market for you to choose from. Before purchase, it’s advisable that you list down the best of the features to consider. Although ignored, energy consumption is the key factor to consider.
Shower heads are known to consume less amount of water compared to previously used showerheads. Water consumption goes hand in hand with energy consumption. Ensure also the shower head you choose consumes minimal amounts of energy. Nothing is as relaxing as a shower after a long day at work or running errands. It enables you to say goodbye to stress and fatigue and say hello to tranquility and relaxation. It leaves you with a burst of freshness and more life.
That is why you should invest in a good rain shower head to make these moments even more tranquil. Ever wondered how great it would feel if real rainwater was warm or hot? Well with such shower heads, you have the opportunity to experience this as they boast a wider surface area than the standard run-of-the-mill shower allowing a steady rain like a spray of water to fall gracefully all over your body leaving you refreshed.
However, thanks to their popularity, rain shower heads have become so many in the market that choosing the right one can prove to be a futile task. That is why we took our precious time to review the best rain shower head currently in the market to help you make an informed choice.
Who Can Benefit from Rain Shower Heads?
Rain shower heads are specifically designed to offer the best shower experience to different types of users, ranging from homemakers, domestic workers, teachers, chefs, researchers, accountants, and other professionals and non-professionals from diverse fields..
Who is the product designed for?
Hansgrohe 274001 Rain dance is designed for anyone looking for a better shower experience.
Whether you are a housewife, stay at home dad or you work shifts, this rain shower head is wide enough to completely drench and offer you total body water coverage making you feel like you are in some sort of tropical rainstorm down in Africa, allowing you to keep your troubles and worries at bay.
It enriches water with air creating a rain spray-like effect that will leave you completely refreshed. Take a look at some of its features below.
1. Size and installation
This is the most visible feature of this rain shower head. It features an incredible diameter of 9.375 inches which when combined with its unique air jet technology replicates real rainfall and offers you complete body coverage allowing you to rejuvenate and make you feel like you are taking a shower somewhere under a beautiful waterfall.
Besides its wide diameter, it has a flow rate of 2.5 gallons of water per minute which is the right amount of water and also pressure for a comfortable shower, unlike other shower heads which make you feel like you’re drowning.
You do not need to have plumbing skills to install the Hansgrohe 274001 Rain dance. It is wall-mounted and requires no assembly. Thus with the basic skills, you can install it yourself.
2. Design and settings
Another factor that you should consider while purchasing a rain shower head is its design and functionality. Your showerhead should match your bathroom décor and the manufacturer made it easy for you as you have the option of choosing between a chrome finish or brushed nickel.
Both options often blend in with any form of décor thus making it easy for you to be flexible with your choices. Additionally, you don’t have to bear with the 2.5 GPM pressure as you can either set it to deliver water at a lower pressure or opt for the normal depending on your mood.
3. Quick clean function
With standard run-a-mill shower heads, you have to designate a special day for cleaning as they easily get limescale deposits which are difficult to clean and only come out when you use cleaning detergents.
However, Hansgrohe 274001 Rain dance transforms your bathroom experience as you can now shower for long periods without stressing about the limescale deposits thanks to its quick clean function. You can effortlessly reach out to the nozzle and wipe the deposits and prevent clogging thereby ensuring that your shower experience is never interrupted by anything.
4. Run Air spray mode
The primary reason why most people buy rain shower heads is to get that rain like experience while in the shower and we are glad to let you know that the Hansgrohe 274001 rain dance does not disappoint. Just like its name suggests, this shower head will have you dancing in its rain-like spray thanks to its sophisticated air infiltrated water stream technology which mixes air with water delivering fuller water droplets.
This makes each drop softer, lighter, and more intense and at the same time offers more body coverage as they are filled with air creating a luxurious spa-like experience and allowing you to take your shower experience a notch higher.
One of the most essential factors to consider while purchasing a rain shower head or anything for that matter is its warranty. The longer it is the more confidence the manufacturer has in his/her product and hence the better the quality.
With respect to Hansgrohe 274001, Raindance’s one-year returnable warranty was an area of interest to us. Most showerheads will stop working after a few months but with this shower head, you’re assured of an incredible bathroom experience for twelve months and above.
• Wide diameter for full-body coverage
• Quick anti-calcification function for easy cleaning
• Available in easy to blend colors
• Perfect water pressure
• Incredible disc-like design
• Only has two water control settings
• The disc is fragile and will easily break if it falls
1. Can I use this shower head with shower mixers from other companies?
A: Hansgrohe 274001 Raindance is universal and can be used with any shower mixers.
2. How far above should I mount it for the best effect?
A: It should not be set too high. For instance, if you have a standard 8-foot ceiling use a 4-inch extension to experience the magical feeling it delivers while waterfalls gracefully on your skin.
3. Can the Hansgrohe 274001 Raindance pivot?
A: Yes it pivots at about 150
Gone are the days where humans had to warm water and carry it with them to the bathroom in a basin for a shower. Technology has made it possible for us to shower like bosses. In fact, thanks to rain shower heads you can now create your own cloud and experience the relaxing rain like droplets fall on your body.
If you can’t do it outside now you have the opportunity to do so and enjoy the relaxation from the comfort of your home. The Hansgrohe 274001 Raindance makes this possible thanks to its wide diameter, incredible water pressure, great design, and the fact that you can accessorize it makes it even more convenient.
Have you ever thought of standing in the rain to let gentle raindrops fall in style onto your face? It feels incredible, offering you a sense of serenity and relaxation. Now you can enjoy this fantastic sensation while taking a shower right in your own home. If you buy the best rain shower head, you will transform your shower activity into a calming rain forest feeling.
Rainshower heads are specially built to make their water output look like a light drizzle or a romantic waterfall. They resemble a disk with several rubber holes via which water flows out. The best models allow you to change the settings and the flow of water to a mild afternoon light rain or the strong downpour of a rainstorm. Other than making you feel good, these gadgets also offer some utility. Their broad heads guarantee nice coverage at different heights without requiring adjustment.